MUSICIANS EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND
100% OF YOUR TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATION WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO LOCAL LAS VEGAS BLUES SOCIETY MUSICIANS
Musicians Emergency Relief Fund (MERF)
• Available to LVBS Blues Band Members (BBM) with at least 2 years
continuous membership with the LVBS only.
• BBMs must be registered with the LVBS.
• To be available for services related to funeral expenses,
catastrophic illness/long term disability affecting their ability to
perform, theft of instruments or lack of housing.
• Monetary grants will be awarded on a case by case basis but no
more than 20% of the funds within the MERF account up to a $500
maximum, and/or one benefit jam per BBM in need request.
• If MERF funds are depleted, a special benefit jam will be held.
• Requests for funds will be evaluated and voted on by the Board of
Trustees, and require a majority vote.
• Nominations for funds can be requested by the BBM in need or
anyone on behalf of that BBM.
• The LVBS will have at least one MERF benefit per year.
• All Member Musicians (MM) BBM will qualify to have a call for
funds from the Membership listed in the newsletter, a Donation jar
set up at a jam and/or a special fund raising event (jam, 50/50,
Revised June, 2020